What are cookies and what are they for?
Cookies are files that web pages can install on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) for a variety of purposes. The main objective is to facilitate navigation by the User, but they can also collect other information, such as for statistical purposes.
Type of cookies
Depending on their permanence, cookies are classified into session or permanent cookies. The former expire when the browser is closed, while the latter expire when they have already fulfilled their function or when they are manually deleted.
- PERFORMANCE COOKIES: These cookies save the preferences of certain tools so you don’t have to configure them every time you access the web.
- ANALYTICAL COOKIES: These are the cookies that allow you to analyze web traffic and statistically analyze the use of the various services offered by the web. The collection of this data is anonymous and is not linked to any personal data.
- GEOLOCATION COOKIES: These cookies detect, anonymously, the country in which the user is located to offer more appropriate content and services.
- REGISTRATION COOKIES: These are cookies that are generated when the user has registered and is used to identify user accounts and their associated services.
- ADVERTISING COOKIES: These are the cookies that make it possible to manage the different advertisements shown on the web, adapting the content of the advertising space to the use it makes on the web.
- THIRD PARTY COOKIES: These third-party cookies can be installed on the page in order to improve the services offered by these third parties. For example, links to social networks to share the contents of the web.
Is it possible to eliminate the installation of cookies?
All browsers allow you to block or delete cookies if the User prefers. Below are indications to do it:
- Internet Explorer: Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Settings
- Firefox: Tools> Options> Privacy> History> Custom Settings
- Chrome: Settings> Show advanced options> Privacy> Content settings
- Safari: Preferences> Security